Without Faith


“ Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.”  Hebrews 11:6


What do you believe God for? Do you have fear in that?  What does faith look like? The bible tells us in 1 John 4:18 “ There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear...”  
Faith starts here.

There have been many times that I have had to check my faith. Lots of times it has involved a money situation for me. I have often times tried to fix the situation myself afraid that if I didn’t fix it that it would get worse. I would panic and ask around or do what I could to stop something bad or worse from happening. I got pretty good at a short-term fix instead of trusting in the Lord for the outcome. Sometimes I wondered though, what would this be like if I let God do this? Wonder what could He do that was so much better then my quick fix?

Well I put faith to action. The next crisis I came head on with, I just thought hmm… I could try to fix this…or I could wait on the Lord. I found out that nine times out of ten He was teaching me to just be patient with Him , to trust Him, to work out my faith with Him. He didn’t necessarily fix the immediate problem, but He saw me thru it and I learned so much more in the long run about His character then I would of with my quick fixes.

So my question remains… what do you believe God for?
 The light bill, the outcome of your kids, healing you? Fear not. When we come up against fixing the bad situation or allowing God to show Himself in that situation remember Hebrews 11:6 and that He rewards those that earnestly seek him. Seek Him. Have Faith in Him. Feel the reward of knowing Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This I Know