My week has been filled with 'doing things'. Running kids here and there. Painting project for a friend. Encouraging friends. Starting a new bible study. Trying to find quiet time. Cleaning house. Doing laundry. Starting a new workout routine (my arms are sore just typing). Teaching five year olds in Sunday School. Making sure my oldest is registered for class for his first semester of college coming up. Spending quality time with family. Letting my 16 year old get driving practice. Making sure everyone is fed and the house is in order. Did I mention taking care of a now crawling 7 month old? Whew. All of these things keep me busy.
But I was reminded this morning of Someone that is pursuing me. Even in the midst of all of this craziness ...albeit good things. Who you ask? God. The creator of all things is pursuing us. What does this mean? The word pursue in the Webster dictionary says: to follow and try to catch for usually a long distance or time; to try to get over a period of time; to be involved in. Can you even imagine that THAT is what God is doing? He loves us so much that He is after us. He wants the best for us.
Read these words in Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)
"The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save,
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
The Message says "He is present among you, Happy to have you back..."
What if in all my busy-ness.. I just stopped and remembered How much God loves me and pursues me? I would not worry so much. I would not fear so much. I would not feel alone so much. Things that blow up and seem great big deals would seem small. I would have rest. (Amen?)
I am reminded when I hold my 7 month old child what the Father's pursuit of me looks like.
I lay him down for a nap only to have him awaken 20 minutes later. He is scared. Screaming, crying, eyes closed. I hold him close. Try to rock him. His arms and legs are kicking wildly. He is throwing his head back. Its only when he decides to quiet down in the loving arms holding him and look up at me that he can hear me softly singing to him. He gets still and quiet and rest once again.
Aren't we so that way with God. We kick, scream, throw tantrums. Its not until we decide to quiet down and look that we feel Gods peaceful holding arms, That we hear Him singing over us.
I have a Redeemer who sings over me. Who is glad for me to be in His presence. Who runs after me... Even in the mundane day to day activities of this life. He knows what we need best. It is to turn and run right back  to Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This I Know