One Truth


One Truth

She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me, “ for she said, “ I have now seen the One who sees me.” Genesis 16:13


Hagar... that was her name. She had been running to try and get away from her problems when ( in verse 7) the Lord found her. The Lord found her!  Doesn’t that make you feel awesome inside. He really saw her and he really found her... He knew exactly where she was.

Do you need to hear that today?
Sometimes I just do not know what truth is and what is real. I get so caught up in all that is going on around me that seems so crazy in this life that I just don’t know what to believe anymore.
A few years ago I came across this story again. I had heard it all my life but this time I was in a place where I needed to hear truth. This was that truth. El Roi... The God who really sees.  From that moment on every time I went thru a struggle, and it seemed as though life was continually falling apart, I would stop and say to God out loud, “... but I do know one truth. The truth that You are the God who finds me and really sees.” and I would give Him thanks for seeing me even when I didn’t feel like I had anything else to be thankful for.

After a time... I started searching for and remembering other truths in His word. I began to underline and even date some that really stood out to me. Truths laid out for us to know and depend on. In this world it can be so harsh at times. Times that just make us feel like we want to run. In these times what truths do you cling too?

  He is the God who really sees. He is abounding in Love. He protects, delivers and comforts us. He will fight for us. He is my friend. He is my rock. He gives strength to the powerless. He makes the dark places light and the rough places smooth. He rejoices over me with singing.
There are so many truths in His Word for us. Search, dig, find some and name them out loud.

Do not run.  When you do not know what to do…when you can’t think of anything that seems right or true...remember He is the God who really sees you. EL Roi!!  Praise Him!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This I Know