A lesson in keeping my mouth shut



That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

In what areas would you say you are weak? For me it is my mouth. Why does that seem so hard to control?  Do we really believe that God has the best for us? The bible is God’s written word. Active, alive and true. So if we know and believe this…why do we not apply it to our lives?

I used to really have a problem with my mouth. I said whatever I thought without thinking and it was usually not good. It would cause the situation to be worse, not better. But for the life of me I could not control it. I started giving this area to the Lord. Trying to trust in and believe in Him for the direction of my words.

Then one day God showed me Isaiah 53:7 He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

Owe! That really hit me between my eyes!  How could he do this for me…for you? Why? We are so undeserving of this love. The Lord knew that the result of opening His mouth and calling down angels to save him or snipping back at those who were mocking him would not end in the best result for us. For us the best result was that the Lamb went to the slaughter and did so humbly and with much grace. He knew that there would come a time of great benefit for not opening His mouth.

So, how bout you? What are you tempted to open your mouth about? Do you know that there will come a time of great benefit if you obey and do not open your mouth.  This area was and sometimes still is my weakness… but that is the lovely part. When I am weak, HE is strong. He guides me and helps me to keep my mouth shut. Then He gets the glory in it…not me. I can not do it on my own strength, but only Christ strength in me. I know there is a great benefit in obedience.

What do you need to give Him today? Your mouth? Or is there something different that you struggle with.  Just remember, when I am weak then I am strong…because Christ went humbly to the cross for me and for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This I Know