For All the Girls!


I know Valentines is not the happiest for some of you. Honestly, I think we put way too much expectation on the day. On our man or lack there of. Why is this day so hard for most of us?

Lets look at Genesis 3:16 NASB

  To the woman He said,“I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
In pain you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for your husband,
And he will rule over you.”

In the beginning everything was perfect. God said everything He made was good. One example we see if we back up in scripture a bit in Chapter 2 verse 25, is this "Man and his wife were both naked and not ashamed."  Are you serious? Not ashamed. HA! Well things had to be perfect for they felt NO SHAME. A perfect garden. A perfect man. A perfect woman. A perfect God, who by the way 'walked among them' (Gen. 3:8).  Perfect. That is until the fall.

I encourage you if you are not familiar with what happened in the story of the fall to go back and read Genisis 3.

Lets go back to Chapter 3 verse 16 above. Because God is Holy..sin cannot go unpunished. We could get into all sorts of things here but lets focus on this verse and Eve (the woman's) punishment. Particularly where is says Yet your desire will be for your husband. Hmmm.

Here's what I am thinking and why it pertains to this Day. In a perfect world, like in the Garden, I believe our desire is for the LORD. Look at Psalm 73:25-26


 "Whom have I in heaven but You?And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"

The writer obviously knew what was best here. Desiring God above all else. Even your man. Or lack of.
So I encourage you STOP putting so much expectation on this day!! Of course the Lord knows your hearts desire. Of course He hears you when you pray. But why do you think this line was added to the punishment? I think because it is so hard for us to put the desire of 'a man' to the side and desire GOD. I think the Lord really truly wants us to desire to follow Him and Trust Him. Like in the beginning. Perfect trust. Perfect relationship with Him. To walk with Him. To desire Him. Days like this are hard because of the sin brought into the world. Days like this are hard because our desire is for our man and what he can do for us today.
Is love good? Absolutely. It is created by God. HE is LOVE.

He knows your heart sweet friend. He loves YOU.. More than anyone ever will!!

What expectations are you putting on today?

Lets instead put our focus and desire on the One who desires us back. To fully live out today LOVING on others because He first Loved us!!

And if you have a man.. give him a break. He is after all just a man ;)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This I Know