Am I Enough?

  I have hesitated for a few days to write this post only because the more I want to write about this the more I feel I am NOT ENOUGH.  Anyone else feelin' this with me?
 It's a somewhat nagging feeling that raises its ugly head from time to time in me.
I'm I smart enough?
strong enough?
good enough?..etc..etc.
And the more I felt like God placed this on my heart to write about the more I felt 'not enough' to do it. And the more I thought about writing about it..the more I felt like just staying under the covers just a little longer. Hiding away.
This is where the enemy has me. You? He so wants us to feel less than. He so wants us to feel alone. He so wants us to feel not enough!
Girl! You are not alone!

My day consist of seeing my older boys off to classes, husband out the door to work, keeping up with a toddler, laundry, cleaning up, picking up blocks and train pieces again, unloading the dishwasher again.. and loading it back.. did I mention laundry.. good grief. I get up again and start over..every. day.  And I am so grateful. So thankful. We are so healthy and we are so loved and we are not in need and yet I have an overwhelming feeling of not being enough.  I know many of you feel the same.

So as I was reading in my quiet time, I read about a woman. Her name is Jochebed. You find little about her in the Old Testament.

Here is what it says: (NASB)

Exodus 6:20
Amram married his father’s sister Jochebed, and she bore him Aaron and Moses; and the length of Amram’s life was one hundred and thirty-seven years.

The name of Amram’s wife was Jochebed, the daughter of Levi, who was born to Levi in Egypt; and she bore to Amram: Aaron and Moses and their sister Miriam.

We also find a little more about her here:
(stay with me I know its a lot to read)

Exodus 2:1-10
Now a man from the house of Levi went and married a daughter of Levi. The woman conceived and bore a son; and when she saw that he was beautiful, she hid him for three months. But when she could hide him no longer, she got him a wicker basket and covered it over with tar and pitch. Then she put the child into it and set it among the reeds by the bank of the Nile. His sister stood at a distance to find out what would happen to him.
The daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the Nile, with her maidens walking alongside the Nile; and she saw the basket among the reeds and sent her maid, and she brought it to her. When she opened it, she saw the child, and behold, the boy was crying. And she had pity on him and said, “This is one of the Hebrews’ children.” Then his sister said to Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and call a nurse for you from the Hebrew women that she may nurse the child for you?" Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Go ahead.” So the girl went and called the child’s mother. Then Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child away and nurse him for me and I will give you your wages.” So the woman took the child and nursed him. The child grew, and she brought him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. And she named him Moses, and said, “Because I drew him out of the water.

So what did you learn about Jochebed?
Here's a few we know for sure:
  • She's a woman
  • She was a wife (married to Amram a Levi)
  • She's a mother to 3. Aaron, Moses and Miriam
  • She hide Moses from the Pharaoh for 3 months and then made a basket for him and set him in the Nile river. (I can't even)
  • She got to nurse Moses until he was weaned

Now this might not seem to be that big of a deal. But I know and you know that if it is important enough to be mentioned in the Bible then it must be really important. And I love that these bullet points above were enough.
Woman. Wife. Mother. Nursing a baby.

Sister, if you think for one second that God has forgotten you or that you are not enough..like I struggle with on a daily basis... then girl we need a constant reminder of the Truth of God's word.  We NEED to be in it! We need to know scripture like this! Scripture that points out things that seem mundane to us..(except the whole sending your child down the Nile in a basket thingy).
We need to know that every detail of our lives matter. That God is in the BIG things and in the small things.. And they equally matter to Him.  Or maybe like me you forget sometimes that we are simply enough because Christ died for us. (John 3:16)

My bullet points might look like this:
  • Woman
  • Wife
  • Mom of boys
  • blogger
  • Laundry Queen
  • Lover of Jesus
  • Sister
  • Friend
Think about some of your points. It IS enough! I am enough. You are enough.. What we do  matters.  Moses went on to be a leader who saved the Israelites from Egypt . There are 792 verses in the NASB that just mention his name. 792! I am sure when Jochebed was nursing him and changing him and who knows how the diaper thing went back then..I am sure she never dreamed how God would use her in His story. Rest assured He is using us too.
Love you! YOU ARE ENOUGH!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This I Know