A Sweet Aroma

Triumphal Procession



I came across 2 Corinthians 2:4 again today:

But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume. (NLT)

This verse makes me reflect on what God has seen me thru and how others view me going thru it.  Lets break it apart a little:

But thank God!-  We are told in Psalm 136:1 to give thanks to God for He is good. You may be going thru a most difficult time right now. Did you know that when you have nothing else to give or to do that you can still give thanks? But-  regarding everything else... no matter what... Thank God!

He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession- Jesus, when we have decided to follow Him..  takes us and makes us His very own. We have faith in Him to lead us in triumphal procession in all the circumstances of life. Just as he had VICTORY over death we too can live in continual victory.  I have been thru some of the most difficult and dark times. Times I questioned the Lord and ask him just where He was and if He even cared. What I learned from that season is that the LORD went thru the same things. He was betrayed and hurt and begged God to "let this cup pass from him" (Matthew 26:39) But , just like me.. it was for God's glory that he went thru the things He did.  AND thru them He was lead to VICTORY.  A Victory proceeding something.

Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume.- I pray that when we walk thru difficult times that we will use that time in our life to spread him like a sweet perfume. Kinda was thinking like when I smell the grill cooking some awesome steaks..makes my mouth water and I can't wait to taste it. :)   Are you leaving an aroma of Christ that makes people want what you've got?  1 Peter 2:3.. now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. 
Maybe God has you going thru a time such as this so that you have the opportunity to leave a sweet aroma...that you would have otherwise not had a chance to leave..

So where am I on my journey..  God is good. I have VICTORY proceeding..betrayal, physical & emotional abuse, financial troubles, rejection, shamefulness, oppression, depression, suicidal thoughts, temptation, weakness, fearfulness...just to name a few.
He is faithful to obedience. I have been on the bottom looking up...  I just kept waking up..  even when I didn't want too.  I just kept choosing God...even when I didn't want too. I just kept forgiving.. even when I didn't want too..  I just kept relying on him..even when I didn't think my faith was strong enough...And the LORD has been faithful to bless. I really and truly didn't think I would see His goodness this side of Heaven.

It is my prayer and hope... that I am leaving a sweet aroma. One people will see of Him and not me.

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in victory through Christ. God uses us to spread his knowledge everywhere like a sweet-smelling perfume. 2 Corinthians 2:4 (ERV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This I Know